Today, we're going to talk about one of my very favorite wardrobe staples :: the leather jacket. I know you guys are all "But Sherri, it's SPRING. That means I can go put on my shorty-shorts, tank tops, and sandals, and have at it." Well, hold your cute little horses, and don't relegate those leather jackets to the back of the closet just yet.
Truth be told, I'd wear my leather jacket over my bathing suit to the pool, if I thought I could get away with it. That is how much of a staple it is in my wardrobe. Here are the top reasons for my
unhealthy freakish totally normal obsession with leather jackets:
1. It is truly a 3 season piece. Clearly perfect in fall and winter, as the temps drop, but also surprisingly fresh during spring on those chillier nights.
2. It gives a sweet outfit (think florals, eyelet, etc) a little edge.
3. It will totally make you think you're a rockstar, instead of, you know, a thirty-something mother of 2.
I mean, maybe. Not that I'm in my 30's or anything.
Except that I am.
4. Now is the perfect time of year to invest in a leather jacket, because they're all (mostly) on sale.
But Sherri, how can we incorporate our leather jackets into our spring wardrobes? I am SO glad you asked ::
1. Wear with colored denim (a spring color palette works best).
2. Pair with a printed maxi dress.
3. Throw on over a graphic tee, and a maxi skirt.
Okay, Sherri. Let's pretend I can convince my frugal husband that a leather jacket is considered a "need" and not just a "want." Where would I find one?
Great question! Here are a few that I am absolutely drooling over:
Have I convinced you that you need a leather jacket yet? If you're still on the fence, remember: you can always wear it over your bathing suit to the pool.
Until next time,